Friday, October 17, 2008

LONDON!!!

YAY!

After 6.5 hours of backache and unease, here I am, in the cool breeze of London. Forced to stay in Brunei Hall because there's no other "money-friendly" accomodation around. It was 4-in-a-room last night, and tonight it's 5-in-a-room. Fortunately for me, the room is rather big, at least I don't feel that crowded here. And the shower here is scary... the handle is charged!!! Well... This morning I was standing in the shower cubicle and I want to turn the tap on, and I feel my hand go numb. The water did flow... but my hand just has that kind of weird feeling. At first, I have no idea what it is... but after "thorough investigation" by touching repeatedly (kind of stupid actually...) and "intense thinking", I figured out that the handle is charged... well... or more precisely... slightly charged... Enough to cause numbness but no casualties to-date (as far as I have known...). It would be ugly to get electricuted when showering...

Went to Chinatown, Picadilly Circus and Oxford Street with David and Peng today. David told me yesterday he will belanja the lunch today and I end up as the one paying... But he made it up to me by belanja-ing me dinner. Ate my char-siew rice as lunch and fried kuay tiew as dinner... OOOO... I miss those food... And the shop I went to eat my dinner even sell Nasi Lemak at a staggering GBP 6.50... WTH!! That gives around $18... How can a nasi lemak be so expensive... and roti canai costs more that GBP 2... Apakan?!

After Peng left us, we continue to wander to South Kensington... Nothing much there actually, but because David wants to go back to his previous school... so.. yea. Just a small and rather quiet neighbourhood.. but lots of restaurant, and of course, food. The two of us were like idiots going about the street asking every shop we can find about AAAA batteries for his bluetooth earphone. Mind you, not AAA but AAAA. After the survey:
50% says no stock
40% says never heard of those
10% says go to the shop next door.
And yea... after 2 hours combing the street... we returned empty-handed. So pity David... he will no longer be able to use his bluetooth earphone after his current battery runs out. One of the shopkeeper even went to the extent of calling up the supplier but even the supplier has no stock in hand pasal inda laku...

and TOMORROW!!!

Tomorrow there's a big event... having tea with Pehin... Yea... he's in London and he went to Strath. And my parents coming TOMORROW... along with my Kang Shi Fu noodles!!! Aaaahh... I can't wait for tomorrow...

By,
Kuo Hong
Stranded in a Strange Metropolis
London...

No comments: