Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Farewell-ed

I've never seen something more emotional than this - a farewell dinner for me. Yea, as you have expected, some people cried, especially my grandma. She cried for several times that night. There were some speeches and I was the last to talk. I didn't cry... not that I won't miss them, but really with technologies nowadays, UK doesn't seem that far anymore, and I will be back after 10 months - not a long time. But yea, no ang pows for CNY, no moon-cake for Mid-Autumn Festival, no more home-style cooking for at least 10 months...blah blah blah.

“今天我很高兴可以站在这里向你们告别,应为这也表示我这几年的努力换来了让我出国深造的机会。当然,少了你们大家的支持及鼓励,我也不可能有今天的这一番成就。我希望,所有的表弟妹们可以拿我做榜样,不懈努力,上课要专心听讲,在家要听父母的话,在未来的大考得到卓越的成绩,以作为争取奖学金的有利条件,然后出国深造。我对你们有很高的期望。还有,特别是我的父母、祖父、祖母,你们要把身体顾好,要常常运动,饮食方面要特别注意,这样我才能放心地去努力,去获取更好的成绩。谢谢!”

That was my speech that night...haha... not bad eh?? Actually, I didn't really prepare for it. More like an impromptu speech. I just simply jot down a few points in my head and go up and talk. I guess I did quite well.

Ok... 2 more classes of guitar and I'm off... Damn, guitar is hard, and now I'm experiencing occasional finger cramps nowadays. Strumming is fine... but when it comes to those complicated hand techniques coupled with many different chords (especially F and B)... ouch! Anyway, I'm not bringing my guitar to UK. No way! Guitar = extra weight. Guitar = fragile. Guitar = bulky My parents offered to bring it when they come to visit me. I said, "screw it lah... I'm not gonna join the music club anyway..."

I still haven't decided what sports to take up in Scotland... That school of mine is rather sport-oriented. Half day of school and half day of sports. Haiz... You know I hate those kind of school. I'm no good at sports. I only do sucky things like running, jogging, hiking and Tai-chi to keep myself fit. I haven't palyed basketball for like 5 years and I'm not into soccer. Rugby? No way!!! Maybe I will join the ski club and the golf club... but the equipments seem really expensive. Btw, my school have its own golf course (cool... isn't it??), rugby field, soccer field, indoor gymnasium... apart from its teaching blocks, boarding houses and dining hall. Very big compound. The only downside - it's in the middle of nowhere. 45 mins by car to Edinburgh and 1 hr to Glasgow, the 2 nearest cities.

The school doesn't offer accounting, and stopped chinese courses last year. (sob...sob...sob...) I don't really want biology, but there isn't much for me to take already. Ecomonics? I don't really have the basics. French, Spanish, German, Latin?? WTH!! No way I'm taking History as well...
But if I have no choice, Bio will still do.

No comments: